Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bella Blvd + Illustrated Faith: Traditions

I had a page up on Tuesday over at the Bella Blvd Studio Blog for the Bella Blvd + Illustrated Faith feature.

Traditions
Supplies
Whatever is Lovely: Praisworthy, Lovely, Admirable, Art Prints, Treasures & Text, Little Bits Books of the Bible, Hey Sugar Sugar Alphas; Clear Cuts: Chevies White; Christmas Cheer: Jingle All the Way, Treasures & Text, Trinkets

For the design of this page, I used a hexagon grid with photos that portray how we spend this special extra time together. I used one of the patterned paper hexagons as a journaling block, and layered on some embellishments. I also used a marker to change the Hey Sugar Sugar alphas to black. 


It's always difficult this time of year as a designer, as companies obviously want you to show off their very beautiful Christmas collections. My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, so I don't have the typical photos that would highlight those products. People are always confused when I say we don't do Christmas. But, the fact is there is no mention of 'Christmas' in the Bible. There are, however 4 glorious accounts of Christ's birth (not necessarily in December), life, death and resurrection....which should be celebrated 365 days a year. He is the reason for EVERY season !

Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It!

No comments: