Monday, October 17, 2011

The Frog Game....A layout, and a tip!


The Frog Game:

While there are all kinds of paper flower tutorials going around, I'm not usually one to come up with these types of awesome techniques on my own.  But, I do love to use die cuts, and am always looking for ways to use them creatively.  This 'Square Lattice' die from Stampin' Up! is one of my favorites, I use it a lot.  I also always save the negative pieces, although I've never used them for anything.  When I started getting things around for this page, I knew I wanted a frog theme.  So, I wanted to make lily pads and waterlilies. Right away, I thought about negative pieces from this die, but of course I didn't have any white ones saved :) So, I also incorporated the main part of the die onto my page as well.

 This is the die shown with some of the negatives from it....


I ran a 1/2 inch yellow punched circle through a sticker maker, (I'm sure double stick tape, or any other adhesive would work fine, too.) and stuck on six of the 'petals'.

For each of my waterlilies, I made two of these, and stuck them together with some double stick foam tape.  I then topped them off with a rhinestone, and stuck them to my 'lily pads'. The lily pads are two inch circles cut from green cardstock, with a small notch cut out of them. That's it, so simple.  The full list of supplies I used on this page are:

cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Very Vanilla)
patterned paper - Pink Paislee (Hometown Summer: Green Acres, Fruit Stand, Summer Fun)
letter stickers - American Crafts (Patchwork Fabric Thickers); Sassafras (wood grain)
die - Stampin' Up! (Square Lattice)
pearls - Recollections
other - Stampin' up! (rhinestones, 1/2 inch circle punch); Coluzzle (2 inch circle template)
adhesive - Xyron (sticker maker), Scotch (double stick tape), Elmers (foam mounting tape)

Thanks for looking!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Awesome! Love it! Very good idea to use up scraps....you could make lots of flowers :)